How Can I Help?
- A 1031 Exchange can assist in winding down your real estate assets without taking a large tax hit all at once.
- If a business owner no longer wants to actively manage real estate, there are other investments that are considered “like-kind” and can still defer the tax liability associated with the sale.
- We also help many investors who want to change the asset class or location of their current property, which can easily be done with a 1031.
- A 1031 Exchange can help grow an investors wealth through real estate.
- With 1031 Exchanges you can defer potential tax liability from the sale of one investment property and have the full net sales price working for you in a larger more income producing property.
- You could diversify your assets and purchase multiple properties in different geographic locations and/or different sectors.
- With a 1031 Exchange you are able to acquire more real estate with the deferral of your potential tax liability. Instead of sending 30%-40% of your gain to Uncle Sam, you can have your full net sales price working for you in larger property or more properties.
More About Lauren
Lauren Speidel is the Business Development Officer for Exeter 1031 Exchange Services, LLC, Exeter Reverse 1031 Exchange Services, LLC and its affiliate companies. Lauren is based in the company’s Midwest Regional office located in Chicago, Illinois.
Mrs. Speidel joined Exeter 1031 Exchange Services, LLC in 2017. She is responsible for sales, marketing and client relationship management for the Midwest including, but not limited to, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, and Missouri.
Lauren can assist clients with Forward 1031 Exchanges, Reverse 1031 Exchanges and Improvement 1031 Exchanges. She has worked extensively with financial planners, settlement agents, real estate agents and brokers, closing attorneys, registered representatives and accountants in the administration of their clients’ 1031 Exchange transactions.
Prior to joining Exeter, Lauren was Assistant Vice President of Internal Sales for Inland Securities Corporation. For nearly a decade, Lauren helped Inland Securities with capital raise efforts for all securities investments including REITS, Limited Partnerships, Tenant-in-Commons (TICs) and Delaware Statutory Trusts (DSTs). She also assisted and educated financial advisors and investors on 1031 Exchanges and possible DST/TIC replacement property options.
Prior to joining Inland Securities Corporation, Lauren worked for Chicago Bancorp (now known as Chicago Federal Savings Bank) as a Mortgage Processor.
Education and Licenses
Lauren received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Iowa. Lauren currently holds her Series 7 and Series 63 licenses.
Lauren is involved in the community as a member and participant of several professional associations, including the Chicago Association of Realtors – CommercialForum, Commercial Real Estate Executive Women of Chicago, and The Professional Women’s Club of Chicago. She is also active in National Association of Realtors (NAR) and Real Estate Investment Securities Association (REISA, formerly TICA).